Thank you for purchasing a genuine Hardkorr product. We are proud to design, engineer and manufacture innovative and high-quality lighting and 12v electrical products for your enjoyment. Please read the following warranty and return policy and then click the link at the bottom if you believe you are entitled to make a claim.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are in any way unsatisfied with your Hardkorr purchase, we will gladly refund your purchase within 30 days of the date your order is dispatched. You may return products that meet all of the following criteria for a full refund:
- Are unused and/or have no demonstrable signs of usage
- Are in their original undamaged packaging, and are appropriately packaged to avoid damage during shipping
- Include all parts, hardware and instructions (as applicable) received with your original package
You are responsible for all costs associated with returning the goods, including packaging, postage fees and insurance.
The returned item(s) must include a Return Authorisation (RA) number which Hardkorr issues on an approved return.
To obtain a RA number, please complete the form found here.
We reserve the right to deduct costs including transaction fees, commissions to payment facilitators and shipping from the amount refunded.
If you purchased a product through one of our authorised distributors or retailers, returns must be taken back to the place of purchase. Hardkorr will not refund purchases that were not made directly through us.
Products that have been installed or used for any period of time are not eligible for return and should not be sent in for a refund.
Please note this policy does not apply to batteries, trade show sales, ex-demonstrator stock, clearance stock or sales that are otherwise marked as being exempt from this policy.
While we utilise the best manufacturing practices, there are occasional cases of product failure, and this warranty policy covers these instances.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Hardkorr warrants that our products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of time we stipulate for each product. The warranty commences on the date of purchase by the original purchaser, and is not transferable.
To access the benefits of this warranty, you must retain your proof of purchase and follow any other direction we reasonably give you (e.g. completing and returning your warranty card if applicable).
To initiate a warranty claim:
If you believe your Hardkorr product is defective, it must be returned to Hardkorr for inspection by our warranty claims department.
- You must have a Return Authorization (RA) number. To get your RA number, please complete the form found here and wait for our warranty department to contact you.
- Once you have an RA number, you must arrange for the product must be shipped back to us. The address for shipment will be provided to you by the warranty team when they provide your RA number.
- You must pay all costs associated with shipping the product back to us. We suggest you keep your receipt, as we will reimburse you for all reasonable shipping and packing expenses if we accept your warranty claim.
- Please be sure that your RA number is clearly marked on the outside of the packaging used for shipping.
Completing the steps above will ensure faster processing of your claim, so that we can get your product back to you as soon as possible.
Once we receive your returned product, our technicians will inspect it. We will then notify you of the outcome of your claim.
If we accept your warranty claim, we will either repair, replace or refund the goods at our discrection. We will also reimburse you for the shipping costs you incurred in sending the goods back to us. Any products that we choose to replace or refund become the property of Hardkorr.
If we do not accept your claim, we will advise you of the reason and hold your product for collection. You will need to arrange and pay for the product to be collected from us and shipped back to you. If your product is not collected within 30 days of us notifying you that your warranty claim has not been accepted, we may destroy it.
Your warranty is void if we determine that there is sufficient evidence of one or more of the following:
- Negligence: Improper installation, improper or extreme use, etc.
- Abuse: Damage caused by road hazards or damage beyond the limits of “normal wear and tear.”
- Unauthorized Repair: Repairs performed by an unauthorised service centre.
- Disassembly: Includes any unauthorised attempt to open, tamper with or otherwise compromise the integrity of the product.
- Consequential damage: Damage to your product caused by the failure of another component of the vehicle or device in which your product is installed.
Hardkorr warranties only apply to the original purchaser with original proof of purchase and may not be transferred under any circumstance.
Discontinued items that are still under warranty will be reviewed by Hardkorr. If a discontinued item is covered under warranty it may be replaced by an equivalent item. If an equivalent item is not available Hardkorr will determine terms of resolution on a case-by-case basis.
Exceptions to this Warranty:
Exterior Finish: Hardkorr uses the highest quality materials available, but depending on location, environment and exposure, the colour of exterior surfaces can fade. We will generally not approve any warranty claims that relate to fade.
Damage to Lenses: Please be aware that certain chemicals cause damage to polycarbonate plastics. Do not use cleaning products that contain any chemicals in the following list:
- Acetic Acid Aq.
- Ammonium Carbonate Aq.
- Ammonium Chloride Aq.
- Calcium Hypochlorite
- Chromic Acid Aq.
- Ethyl Acetate
- Ethylene Glycol Aq.
- Formaldehyde Aq.
- Citric Acid
- Hydrofluoric Acid Aq.
- Lubricating Oils (Petroleum)
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone
- Methyl Chloride
- Mineral Oils
- Oleic Acid
- Phosphoric Acid Aq.
- Zinc Chloride Aq.
Hardkorr will not approve any warranty claims for lighting products where we reasonably believe that products have been exposed to any of these chemicals.
The following will void the warranty on your deep cycle battery product:
- Use of incorrect charger: The use of a battery charger that is not suitable for lithium batteries i.e. does not have a lithium battery charge profile.
- Under bonnet use: Installing this battery under the bonnet of a vehicle.
- Overcharge/over-discharge: Charging or discharging your battery at a rate higher than those stipulated in the Specifications table of the instruction manual (this information can also be found on the product page of this website).
- Water ingress: Your battery is not designed to be installed or used in an area that is subject to water ingress, or exposed to precipitation.
In addition, it is reasonable to expect that over its service life the capacity of your battery will reduce. Natural capacity decrease, which we define as a decrease in capacity of less than 10% per year of ownership, is not covered by this warranty. All batteries are tested using our in-house equipment and if we decline your claim for capacity decrease we will provide you with a copy of the test report.
The following will void the warranty on your portable solar product:
- Incorrect folding: You must ensure that you fold and unfold your solar panel according to the directions on the panel and/or the instruction manual. Incorrect folding may stress wiring joins or crack cells causing failure of the product.